The Remote Sites Coordinator supports the Pantry Programs Manager in the delivery and distribution at our remote sites of the Virtual Food Pantry Program. The Remote Sites Coordinator provides service to our customers with compassion, dignity, and respect. The Remote Sites Coordinator reports to the Pantry Programs Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain relationships with on site contacts at each remote location. Monthly communicate number of shoppers that came, and if there are ways to improve customer service.
- Ensure all items were packed and loaded on truck for on time delivery and distribution to all remote locations.
- Act as lead at the Virtual Food Pantry remote locations, including loading and unloading the pantry box truck and assigning volunteer duties.
- Oversees order fulfillment for the Virtual Food Pantry including printing customer order lists, picking and packing orders, and order pickup, for all Door Dash distributions and Remote locations.
- Oversee inventory levels for remote sites. Ensure there is enough product each week for the distributions. Make recommendations to the Food Pantry Programs Manager to meet demand as needed.
- Run and maintain the Irene King in person school pantry. Ensure the shelves are stocked and fresh produce and other perishable items are brought each week.
- Receive food bank delivery at Irene King every 1st and 3rd Tuesday morning.
- Place orders at food bank for Irene King school.
- Help oversee daily operation of Virtual Food Pantry, especially on Mondays. Sets up and assigns tasks for volunteers.
- Schedules all Door Dash Deliveries. Troubleshoot when errors arise.
- Mediates any issues that may arise with clients or volunteers as it relates to client service, or when advised by the Pantry Programs Manager. Refers customer issues to Pantry Program Manager or Director of Pantry Operations as needed.
- Works with the Volunteer Coordinator to welcome and on board new volunteers, (tour, supplies, and introductions to other volunteers).
- Assists with the pick-up of donations or delivery of product.
- Operates manual and powered forklifts and agency vehicles.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
- Attends staff meetings, required trainings, and pantry’s major fundraising events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Pantry Programs Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Interest in the charitable food system and the elimination of hunger.
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to work with people in a professional manner
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Setup and use a Google Voice account for voice and texting with customers
- Basic spreadsheet skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail
- Ability to be open-minded to new work ideas and methods
- Ability to operate standard delivery van and 20 foot box truck
- Valid driver’s license. CDL not required.
This position is part-time 15 hours per week;
- Position 1 (VFP Coverage & Tuesday Remotes): Mondays 8am – 1pm, Tuesdays 1pm-6pm; Thursdays 8am-1pm
- Position 2 (Irene King & Wednesday Remotes): Tuesdays 9am-12pm, Wednesdays 11am-6pm, Thursdays 1pm-6pm
West Suburban Community Pantry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send resume and cover letter to Elle Ellerbee, firstname.lastname@example.org.