The Support Services Coordinator assists with care management services and wellness programs for West Suburban Community Pantry. The Support Services Coordinator provides services to area community members with compassion, dignity, and respect. The Support Services Coordinator reports to the Director of Supportive Services.
Essential Job Functions
- Follows the WSCP Care Manager protocol when following up with customers who have identified needs beyond food. This may include office time during pantry shopping hours, car-to-car outreach at partner sites, and checking the screening tool in the customer database.
- Assists customers in care management services including public benefits applications and referrals to other organizations.
- Maintains documentation of customer contacts and services in customer database.
- Follows the WSCP Wellness Timeline when assisting with the planning of wellness programs. This may include promoting the program, purchasing giveaways, and prepping for the event.
- Meets with community partners to provide customer outreach material and obtain partner brochures for customer availability and department resource list.
- Assists with surveying clients for feedback on care management services and wellness programs.
- Attends supervision meetings, staff meetings, and required trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Supportive Services.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a non-profit setting, ideally with direct service experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree in social work or related field ideal
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Demonstrates essential interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail
- Able to work independently after direction and training are received
- Basic knowledge of various computer software programs
This position is part-time (20 hours per week), including 1 evening shift per month and 1 Saturday morning shift per month. WSCP offers paid time off for its part-time employees. West Suburban Community Pantry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.