West Suburban Community Pantry is seeking a part-time Marketing Associate to help expand community engagement and advocacy and local support of our mission. We are looking for a caring and compassionate individual who wants to join our resolute commitment to ending local hunger.
Under the supervision of the Director of Communications and Engagement, the Marketing Associate will assist in the planning, implementation, and administration of WSCP (West Suburban Community Pantry) communication and marketing including program highlights, resources available, volunteer opportunities, and donor engagement and support. Using a variety of media and community resources, the Marketing Associate will maintain the social media presence, update website content for all audiences, and design the flyers/brochures/materials for them.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Confers with program/operations staff to obtain information and materials to produce written and graphic materials to inform the public and support activities and functions.
- Research information from departmental leaders and other sources, including conducting interviews and reviewing files and other written documentation to ensure communication materials are accurate and timely.
- Develops social media content as part of a targeted marketing strategy, scheduling posts to and monitoring all social media platforms.
- Adheres to the organization’s brand and aligns all communications within the overall branding strategy.
- Manages and updates all website content to reflect current information and ensuring that website is refreshed weekly
- All marketing goals are reflected in and captured on the website, including all target audiences.
- Engages in direct communication with the general public by sending out regular e-blasts, as well as regularly updates and maintains e-blast list.
- Work to create regular newsletters for the various audience/stakeholders that are a part of the Pantry family.
- Assists in implementing informational programs to publicize specific departmental activities; prepares visual presentations such as graphic displays, flyers, charts, graphs, maps, posters, photographs, camera-ready artwork and other visual materials.
Special marketing events:
- Assists in planning and coordinating special events such as open houses, exhibits, tours, dedications, etc.; notifies interested parties.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a closely related field preferred;
- 1-3 years of marketing, communications, and public relations experience
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered
- Graphic design knowledge with InDesign, Canva, and other relevant programs highly encouraged
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
We serve a community that speaks over 25 different languages. Bilingual expertise preferred.
Applicants may be asked to provide samples of current work.
This position is a part-time position consisting of up to 25 hours per week at $22 an hour.
Email application and cover letter to Sarah Corbin, Director of Communications and Engagement firstname.lastname@example.org.
WSCP is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. WSCP makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.