The Front Lobby Coordinator supports the Food Pantry Programs Manager in the operation of the Woodridge Pantry store. The pantry store is open 22 hours per week and receives donations from 20 retail partners and 4 from the Northern Illinois Food Bank. The Front Lobby Coordinator provides service to our customers with compassion, dignity, and respect. The Front Lobby Coordinator reports to the Food Pantry Programs Manager.
Essential Job Functions
Acts as the lead in the lobby during food distributions, adhering to the Food Pantry Program Manager’s instructions for that shift. Ensuring that all volunteer roles are filled with the volunteers for that day (coordinating with the Food Pantry Coordinator or Pantry Programs Manager as needed) and that the lobby stays a welcoming and dignified space.
- Responsible for training volunteers in pantry check-in procedures as well as all shopping options available to the community.
- Set up work spaces and assigns roles to volunteers.
- Works with Food Pantry Coordinator to ensure smooth flow of customers into the store.
- Mediates any issues that may arise with clients or volunteers as it relates to client service, or when advised by the Food Pantry Programs Manager. Escalates customer issues to Food Pantry Program Manager or Director of Pantry Operations as needed.
- Follows instructions set by the Food Pantry Programs Manager in the usage of PantrySoft and the check-in procedures.
- Maintains database by monitoring all incoming registrations, reconciling duplicates as they arise, and ensuring data is entered and maintained.
- Works with the Volunteer Coordinator to welcome and on-board new volunteers (tour, supplies, introductions to other volunteers).
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
- Attends staff meetings, required trainings, and pantry’s major fundraising events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Food Pantry Programs Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with staff, volunteers, and customers. Can effectively develop and maintain professional relationships
- Comfortable with computers and technology, troubleshooting and training.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to work with people in a professional manner
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail
- Ability to be open-minded to new work ideas and methods
This position is part-time 25 hours per week; this position requires flexibility in a work schedule and includes Saturday mornings and some weeknights. WSCP offers primary holiday and paid time off for employees. Work hours are: Tuesdays 7:30-3:00; Thursdays 7:30-3:00; Saturdays 7:30-2:30
To apply, submit your resume via email, mail, or in-person to Elle Ellerbee at email@example.com or 6809 Hobson Valley Drive-#118, Woodridge, IL, 60517.
West Suburban Community Pantry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.