West Suburban Community Pantry offers a unique opportunity to work with a passionate group of professionals committed to the vision of creating a community without hunger. A small but mighty team, we have a Can-Do Attitude when it comes to meeting challenges and breaking down the barriers that keep us and our clients from that vision. We are Compassionate, respectful and empathic as we work to preserve the dignity of all who touch our organization. We work with Integrity and Deliver on our Promises. We are People Focused- our clients are central to all we do, and we support our staff and volunteers with training, support and recognition. Most exciting, we are Visionary- seeing possibilities, taking bold action, innovating, and evolving. We remain constructively discontented in fulfilling our mission. If you are eager to work in a fast-paced environment with daily challenges, deeply fulfilling successes and the opportunity to make the world better for our neighbors in need, consider joining our team!
The Development Associate is responsible for support and implementation of all development activities. This position will report to the Director of Development. The Development Associate plays an important role in supporting and coordinating fundraising activities including donor relations, communications, direct mail appeals and special events.
• Coordinate mailings for fundraising appeals
• Assist with fundraising events by soliciting in-kind donations, sponsorship and logistics
• Participate in the development of a stewardship plan and assist the Development Director and Executive Director in implementation
• Coordinate community events and fundraisers
• Research potential foundation and corporate grants as well as awards and recognition opportunities
• Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors
• Assist in creating and supporting strategies to develop new donors, cultivate major donor relationships and maintain strong relationships with Pantry partners and supporters
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
Marketing & Communications
• Plan and execute donor communications designed to engage donors, prospective donors, and corporate
and community partners
• Manage and maintain the department calendar which includes, but is not limited to release dates,
donor communications and activities, and fundraising and community events.
• Determine and execute materials needed for donor relations
• Develop simple graphic design projects which include, special event invitations, signage, giveaways
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of three years’ experience, preferably in a not-for-profit development office
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, some experience with WordPress and graphic design programs such as Canva
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability or organize and prioritize work
• Ability to take direction well and work independently with little supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A self-starter, deadline driven, and detail-oriented
• Previous experience working with fundraising software and experience managing email campaigns
• Experience working with diverse groups of people including donors, clients, volunteers, partner organizations and community partners
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to start and resume work on projects, amid changing priorities, with capacity to meet deadlines
This position is part-time 25 hours per week
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary based on experience. West Suburban Community Pantry offers generous benefits including one week of
paid time off, paid holidays and a flexible work environment.
To apply, submit your resume via email, to Lisa Spaeth at LSpaeth@wscpantry.org. West Suburban Community Pantry is an Equal Opportunity Employer