The West Suburban Community Pantry traces its roots to a small pantry dating back to the 1970s. In 1992, the Pantry was incorporated and obtained its 501(c)(3) status in response to the growing need to feed the hungry in DuPage County.
The Pantry operates year-round with a goal that each eligible family in DuPage County receives nutritionally balanced food, including meats, dairy, and fresh produce monthly. We are also registered as an emergency food pantry for Illinois.
A Brief Overview
With the help of volunteers and sponsors, our vision is to eradicate hunger within the families and individuals in the DuPage County area. We are dedicated to providing food for the hungry, educating the donor community about existing needs, and supporting advocacy efforts for the hungry. We also work hard to encourage volunteerism and the sharing of resources.
The Facts for Fiscal Year 2018:
- Distributed 1.6 million pounds of food.
- Served 47,198 individuals, including 18,638 children and 6,366 seniors.
- 3,933 persons received perishable and non-perishable food bi-monthly.
- 534 families were served through our new Mobile Pantry program.
- 27 Seniors received Home Delivery each month.
- 607 backpacks filled with school supplies were distributed to children in our communities.
- WSCP partnered with 14 schools to provide healthy snacks to students.
- School breakfast was provided to nearly 1,300 students.
Board of Directors
Bensidoun USA, Inc.
Boerman Moving and Storage
Lisle Savings Bank
Mayor of Woodridge
Carol Stream Chamber of Commerce
BofI Federal Bank
Fiduciary Financial Partners
Integrated Project Management Company, Inc.
Mary Jo Mullen
Lisle Township Supervisor
Illinois State Representative
Barbara A Schmith
Diverse Facility Solutions