The West Suburban Community Pantry traces its roots to a small pantry dating back to the 1970s. In 1992, the Pantry was incorporated and obtained its 501(c)(3) status in response to the growing need to feed the hungry in DuPage County.
The Pantry operates year-round with a goal that each eligible family in DuPage County, Bolingbrook, and Romeoville receives nutritionally balanced food, including meats, dairy, and fresh produce monthly. We are also registered as an emergency food pantry for Illinois.
A Brief Overview
With the help of volunteers and sponsors, our vision is to eradicate hunger within the families and individuals in the DuPage County area. We are dedicated to providing food for the hungry, educating the donor community about existing needs, and supporting advocacy efforts for the hungry. We also work hard to encourage volunteerism and the sharing of resources.
The Facts for Fiscal Year 2019:
- Distributed 2 million pounds of food.
- Served 48,179 individuals, including 19,164 children and 6,815 seniors.
- 4,015 persons received perishable and non-perishable food bi-monthly.
- 3,097 families were served through our new Mobile Pantry program.
- 27 Seniors received Home Delivery each month.
- 607 backpacks filled with school supplies were distributed to children in our communities.
- WSCP partnered with 33 schools to provide healthy snacks to students.
- School breakfast was provided to nearly 1,300 students.
Board of Directors
Achosa Home Warranty, LLC
Attorney, Smith Amundsen LLC
White Oak Library District
Mayor Gina Cunningham-Picek
Mayor of Woodridge
Fiduciary Financial Partners
Dr. Robert Girgis
Robert F. Girgis, D.D.S., Ltd
Bensidoun USA, Inc.
Integrated Project Management Company, Inc.
Mary Jo Mullen
Lisle Township Supervisor
Barbara A Schmith
BofI Federal Bank
Diverse Facility Solutions